Post Partum "Athlete" Program
The staff at Agility Physical Therapy& Sports Performance are all athletes in
one form or another, and completely
understand the importance of being
active. Whether trying to return to an
activity due to an injury or after a
pregnancy, sometimes you need the help
of a healthcare professional that has the
expertise to get you “back in the game.”
Common Areas of Injury After Pregnancy
It is common for any athlete to have
some muscle or flexibility imbalances
without any injury. However, when our
body goes through dramatic changes
over a period of time, these imbalances
can be exploited after a pregnancy.
It is common to have injuries in the following areas:
- Low back
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint
- Hip, knee, ankle or foot
- Abdominal or pelvic region
How Can We Help?
With your physician’s permission, we will perform a comprehensive physical therapy evaluation and develop a treatment plan specific to your personal goals, including:
- Exercise program for home or at a fitness center
- Pain management and injury prevention techniques
- Manual therapy and soft tissue massage
- Recommendations on appropriate footwear or the need for orthotics
- Sports specific functional training
- Progressive return walking, running or fitness program
- Referral to a women’s health
specialist (if needed)
Our clinical staff have several years of clinical experience in working with the female athlete and advanced training in different areas of physical therapy, including:
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedics and Sports Physical Therapy
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor through the Titleist Performance Institute
- Advanced training in biomechanical analysis for running, walking, and golf swing mechanics
- Advanced training in
therapy and the McKenzie
Method for the evaluation
and treatment of pelvic and spinal disorders
Will medical insurance cover this?
As this is as specialty program of our normal physical therapy services, there is no additional cost to the patient aside from their normal insurance co-pay or deductible. We participate with most commercial insurances and would be happy to assist you with any benefit questions you may have.
How do I get started?
All that we need to get you started is a prescription from your primary care physician or specialist with an appropriate medical diagnosis.
To make an appointment or for more information about any of our physical therapy or specialty programs, please call Agility Physical Therapy & Sports Performance during normal business hours or contact us through our website.