AQUATIC PHYSICAL THERAPY PROGRAM
The Aquatic Physical Therapy program at Agility is designed to assist the progression of apatient’s overall treatment goals. Our staff has over 60 years of combined experience in developing and managing aquaticphysical therapy programs.
Appropriate diagnoses for Aquatic Physical Therapy:
- Post-operative rehab for upper and lower extremities
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Osteoarthritis (OA) and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Lumbar Herniated Disc
- Extremity Fractures
- Early unloading for lower extremities
- Chronic pain (e.g., Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain)
- Endurance and Sports Specific Training
- Prenatal and Postpartum
Goals to improve through Aquatic Physical Therapy:
- Range of Motion
- Endurance/Aerobic conditioning
- Walking and Balance
- Progression of weight bearing status
Aquatic Physical Therapy is rehabilitation, prevention and wellness for a wide array of patients in a safe aquatic environment under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist or assistant. This unique therapy employs specific protocols, but also may include swimming strokes in conjunction with treatment techniques.
The physical characteristics of water are used to support, resist and/or assist in increasing flexibility and muscle strengthening while the injury heals. Aquatic therapy is not a modality, but a procedure requiring specific skills and training to implement the aquatic techniques correctly.
Features about Our Pool:
- Water temperature at 92-94 degrees
- Bromine sanitizing system to minimize skin irritation or sensitivity
- Water depth ranging from 3’-6” to 6’ deep to maximize un-weighting
- Large walk-in steps and Hoyer lift system for water entry
How to get started:
All that we need to get you started is a prescription from your primary care physician or specialist with anappropriate medical diagnosis.
To make an appointment or for more information about any of our physical therapy or specialty programs, please call Agility Physical Therapy & Sports Performance during normal business hours or contact us through our website.